Contouring with Clarins
This Clarins Contouring Face Palette* landed on my doorstep about two months ago (was it that long ago!?) and I'm finally reviewing it.
So I'm going to make it simple for you guys!
- Lovely buttery textures on the middle contour shade and the right blush shade, they perform very well and last a while, very comfortable on the skin and not ashy or cakey at all
- The mini-brush has good quality, as opposed to the random brushes palettes usually offer
- Beautiful packaging and very compact option for keeping on your purse or travelling
- No complexion product can be one-shade-fits-all! Why don't brands get this? In this case, the highlighter won't do much for me since I'm so fair, it doesn't even offer dimension and the contour is WAY too damn yellow and dark for me! The blush is the only one I LOVE, no buts!
- The highlighter shade is very matte, which I don't like in highlighters to be honest, but it's also quite powdery and ashy, uneven and uncomfortable
- The brush offered, while being of high quality, makes no sense in the packaging! I mean... Can you apply all three with the same brush? No! So, for me, better to have no brush at all... And, even if you were going to contour with it, I'm not sure the shape is the best you can do as it's not that easy to blend that very pigmented texture with
Overall, it's not something I'd recommend, though I do really like the buttery textures of the center and right... For me, the only usable one is the blush really!
What do you think? Hit or miss here?
* PR Sample